Canon IJ Setup : Canon Printer Installation Process
Go through the easiest way to set up an IJ Canon printer. Canon IJ Setup process takes a few minutes in device installation and software installation. The suggested action allows you to install your new Canon printer quickly without any hassle. Once the printer device is placed successfully, you can start printing, faxing, copying, and all features. Here’s the guide to walk you through the trouble-free method.
What is Canon IJ setup?
Canon IJ setup helps in setting up Canon inkjet printer. It’s available on the official canon support site. The canon printer setup process follows four basic steps – printer hardware setup, downloading canon IJ setup, installing the software, and connecting to a device or system. When everything settles, the printer should be ready to print.
Components shipped with your Canon IJ printer –
The new canon printer shipped with a few components, hence ensure you get everything:-
- Canon setup CD.
- Power cord.
- Ink cartridges – Color and Black.
- Setup Guide Manual & documents.
How do I unbox my Canon printer?
Unbox Canon IJ Printer –
The very first step in setting up your Canon IJ Printer is unboxing. Here’s how to unbox and configure hardware displays.
- Check all components inside and place them on the surface.
- Unwrap all plastic and protective tapes.
- Start power supply by connecting the power cord.
- Open Paper Output Tray and cover.
- Lift the Ink Cartridge and install color and black ink Cartridge.
- Close output Cover and ensure the display shows 1.
- Pull out the Paper Support and insert papers.
- Select the language in the canon printer display and follow instructions accordingly.
- Canon Ij hardware setup is done.
How do I download Canon setup?
Downloading Canon printer drivers and software file is easy to process through the official support site. However, you also can install Canon IJ setup CD as an offline option. Latest canon drivers let you print smoothly process, so try this method:-
Canon Printer Setup Download –
- Visit canon.com/ijsetup through the web browser.
- Navigate to the printer icon and click Set Up.
- Enter the Canon IJ model in the shown box and click Go.
- Download tab appears next; click it.
- Run the software when it’s downloaded.
How do I connect my Canon IJ to WIFI?
On different Canon inkjets, a few WiFi connecting methods are available. Most of which are elementary. Here’s how to perform Canon Ij Setup WiFi :-
If your router is wireless (WPS push button) –
- Turn on the Canon IJ.
- Tap the Setup (screwdriver) button.
- Open Device settings using arrows.
- Select LAN settings using arrows.
- Select Wireless LAN setup.
- Push the WPS button on the router and select your WiFi network.
- Press the WPS on the access point and within 2 minutes, press OK.
- The connected screen shows your printer is connected to WiFi.
To connect your IJ printer with a wired router connection, you’ve to connect both through Ethernet cable and select Wired LAN in connection method.
Standard Method –
The process is the same till step 4, shown above. After that choose these options – WLAN active/inactive > Wireless LAN active > Wireless LAN setup> Standard setup > press OK.
Locate the access point from the shown list, press OK twice, enter the password, and press OK. If you see the Connected status, the Canon IJ setup WiFi is successful.
Canon IJ Setup – Complete Installation and Setup
Steps for Windows and macOS may differ a little; however, these instructions are applicable for all canon inkjet printers. Follow the below-mentioned instructions for complete canon printer setup;
- Configure the Canon IJ printer hardware.
- Choose a method to connect the network to your printer.
- Connection should be the same as the PC or laptop network.
- Download the Canon IJ setup from the official site.
- Double-click on the downloaded .exe or dmg installer file to run it.
- Select your country, language and click Start Setup.
- License Agreement is shown, read carefully and accept it.
- The Connection method screen appears to choose the connection type you used to connect the printer network. Hence, choose Wireless or Wired LAN or USB connection.
- Establish a connection to associate the computer and Canon printer together.
- If you have a USB cable, connect the cable’s one side to the PC USB port and another side to the printer’s rear. Make sure you connect the USB when a prompt occurs on the Canon IJ installation screen.
- Select additional drivers from shown installation software list and install them to complete the setup process.
- Click Exit. Your Canon IJ Printer setup is successful.
If you use the USB connection method for printer setup, you must purchase the USB separately. Once done, you can start printing with your Canon IJ model.