Canon printers have a different number of models available currently. GP 4000 series provides imagePROGRAF models for inkjet printers with a 500 GB hard drive. Well, not talking about its specification, we’ll directly come to the troubleshooting discussion that inspires us to help users experiencing error code 1300 on their system screen.
What is code 1300 in Canon printer GP 4000?
If you are trying to print with your imagePROGRAF GP 4000 and you see code 1300, it’s the error code causing due to paper jamming issues. It’s a common issue in Canon printers. The paper jammed inside the Canon printer during printing and resulted in error code 1300. Its solutions are given below. You can follow these solutions and resolve the issue yourself.
How to fix error 1300 in Canon GP 4000 Series?
The primary solution to not see error code 1300 is to remove jammed paper from the imagePROGRAF GP 4000. Go through the below steps to fix error code 1300;
Step 1 – Pull Out Jammed Paper
There are two cases;
- If the normal sheet has stuck.
- If the paper roll has stuck.
Case 1. If the normal sheet has stuck
- Open your imagePROGRAF GP 4000 by pressing the ON button.
- You can see the Canon logo on the touch screen, indicating your printer has turned on.
- Then turn off the printer.
- Lift the top cover.
- Ensure the Carriage is not outside. Otherwise, move it to the left or right side to take it far from the stuck paper.
- Hold the release lever and lift it.
- Now, you’ll see the jammed paper. Hold and pull out the stuck paper.
- Shift the carriage from right to left side.
- Down the lever to the initial position and close the top cover.
Case 2. Suppose the paper roll has stuck.
- Make sure your imagePROGRAF GP 4000 is turned off.
- Life up the cover and shift the Carriage away from the jammed paper.
- Open the release lever and hold the stuck roll paper from both sides.
- Pull out the jammed portion toward your side.
- You can cut the printer or wrinkled portion.
- Move back the Carriage to its initial position.
- Hold the leading edge and gradually pull out from the middle until the output guide reaches.
- Make a move and keep the roll paper’s right edge and paper alignment line parallel aligned.
- In this case, down the release lever and close the top cover.
- Now, turn on your imagePROGRAF GP 4000 printer and try printing your document.
Step 2 – Load a new paper to your imagePROGRAF GP 4000
If your imagePROGRAF printer automatically selects sheets, media size, the media type that is print job specified on the printer screen, then tap OK and start loading papers. But, your printer didn’t receive any print job; go through the below steps to load new papers in your Canon printer GP 4000 model.
Load Sheets –
- Choose sheets according to the paper source.
- Open paper settings display and select Load paper/Replace paper.
- Lift the top cover and release lever.
- Put the sheet in portrait orientation between paper retainer and platen.
- Down the release lever and top cover as well.
- Printing starts after paper feeding.
Load the Upper Roll –
If the Roll paper auto-feed is enabled, you need to load the roll paper, and it’ll feed it automatically.
- Open Home Screen.
- Tap the paper settings display area.
- Lift the top cover and output guide.
- Hold flanges, and the holder stopper should be on the left.
- Right guide grooves and roll holder slot left should align roll holder shaft.
- Keep the output guide down to Enable the auto-feed.
- Close the cover. With this, the roll paper should be fed.
- If the Roll paper auto-feed is disabled, tap on Start Feeding to feed the roll paper.
Loading the Lower Roll –
Loading roll paper in Roll 2 lower is similar to the upper roll.
- Turn on your Canon imagePROGRAF GP 4000.
- If you cannot feed roll paper automatically, enable the Switch roll paper.
- Open the Home screen and choose the paper settings display.
- To enable the Roll paper auto-feed, change the Roll Holder Lock switch. It’s done on the roll unit to the release position.
- Now, hold flanges in the printer to keep the holder stopper on the left side.
- Align roll holder with right guide grooves and roll holder slot left.
- Load the paper.
- On the roll unit, shift the Roll Holder Lock into the lock position.
- On the left and top of the roll unit top feed icon, change the feed flap switch.
On the touch screen, you may get a notification, “There is a job which has not been printed yet. Do you want to print this job?”. In this case, Yes.
Your Canon imagePROGRAF GP 4000 error 1300 will be resolved with all the above steps. Try the printing again from the starting page. If you still see the error 1300, your printer could be damaged. Take imagePROGRAF printer to service center.
Author Bio – John Mark is a self-professed security expert, he makes people aware of the security threats. His passion is just to write about cryptography, malware, Cyber security social engineering, internet. He writes for ij.start canon | ij.start.cannon