Being a proud owner of Canon printer is a mark of efficacy in your day-to-day tasks. Meanwhile, Canon Pixma series printers are the most considered and purchased Canon printer model, prioritized over other printers for their spectacular performance versatility. Canon Pixma MG2570 printer is one such model, inheriting all the Canon traits that make it the choicest of all.
With the plethora of features and benefits, the Canon Pixma MG2570 may also get subjected to certain drawbacks due to the errors it may come across at times. One of the errors in Canon Pixma MG2570 or any other printer is an error code 2 140 21.
What is an Error Code 2 140 21?
The Canon Pixma MG2570 printer error code 2 140 21 is often encountered while establishing a wireless connection of the printer to a router. Another instance for such an error to occur is when a user attempts to download Canon IJ Utility to perform the scanning of their stuff. If you happen to come across error code 2 140 21, you will end up viewing an error message on your screen read as “Printer is in use or an error has occurred. Check status. Scanner driver will be closed.”
Troubleshooting Canon Pixma MG2570 Error Code 2 140 21
You can get over the Canon Pixma MG2570 Error Code 2 140 21 effortlessly by the effective troubleshooting techniques discussed below:
Method 1: Stop printing
As discussed above, the error code 2 140 21 usually results from an attempt to scan a document. You can initiate the troubleshooting process of your Canon Pixma MG2570 printer Error Code 2 140 21 by primarily stopping the printing process with your printer. This can be done using the instructions given below:
- To begin with, go to the Start menu and open Control Panel.
- Secondly, go through the entire menu and locate Device and Printers. Click on it to open it.
- Now, select your Canon Pixma MG2570 printer.
- Click on the Stop Printing option to stop your Canon printer from further printing.
Method 2: Check your Canon Pixma MG2570 printer
To get rid of error code 2 140 21, you need to perform a thorough checking of your Canon printer, both internally and externally. To do this, you can use the following given instructions:
- Try reinstalling the updated version of your Canon Pixma MG2570 printer driver on your system.
- Clean your Canon printer ink cartridges with a wet cotton cloth using an isopropyl solution.
- You have a Reset button on your Canon printer. Press the button for about 5 seconds or more.
After performing these three steps, try to scan your document again and check if the error is gone. If the same error persists, consider the next method of troubleshooting.
Method 3: Replace ink cartridges if necessary
The error code 2 140 21 may also have resulted from the lesser ink available in your Canon printer ink cartridge. In such a situation, you may consider taking the measures given below:
- Open the flap of your Canon printer where ink cartridges are placed.
- Check the Cartridge number and model and note it down somewhere.
- Now, carefully pull the cartridges out from their allotted space, check if the ink is less, and refill the cartridges with the ink before fixing it back to its original position.
- Or, you can replace the old ink cartridges with the new ones. To do this, make sure your new ink cartridge protective materials are pulled off.
- Insert these brand-new ink cartridges in the printer.
- Close the lid and turn on your printer to perform a test print.
Method 4: Factory reset
If any of the above methods haven’t proven effective, you can try a factory reset to eradicate the error code 2 140 21 in your Canon Pixma MG2570 printer. By doing this, the settings of your printer will move to factory defaults. To do this, you need to take the following steps:
- Turn off your Canon printer completely. Remove all the cables attached to various ports, including the power source.
- Now, after a while, reconnect all the cables back to their respective ports and the power source.
- Turn on your Canon printer and then, press and hold the resume button for up to 15 seconds. You will see the Attention light turned on.
- Now, release the Resume button. You will see a light flashing in a cycle that implies the factory defaults restoration.
About Me : John Mark is a self-professed security expert, he makes people aware of the security threats. His passion is just to write about cryptography, malware, Cyber security social engineering, internet. He writes for ij.start canon | ij.start.cannon .