Is your Canon printer showing an offline status despite online? It’s not a new thing to have encountered by you as this is a common issue many users have reported earlier. However, it can be gotten rid of, getting your Canon printer back to the online status when it is online.
There are certain measures you can consider taking to get your printer on track. The methods to deal with the issue have been conferred ahead.
Canon printer is offline: Fixing Techniques
Uncovering the reason and eliminating the cause of this issue will have you taking the steps given below:
Check the Printer Spooler Service
To check and restart your Canon printer’s spooler service, you are required to follow the instructions given below:
- Firstly, go to your system’s Start menu and type services in the search field.
- Next, click on the Services menu, you found as a search result.
- Then, scroll down through the list, right-click on the Print spooler option in the list, and select Restart. In case if the Restart option seems disabled or greyed, click on Start instead.
- Now, right-click on Print Spooler once again and select Properties.
- Then, set the startup type to Automatic and click on the OK button to save changes.
- Lastly, restart your computer and do a test print to check if your printer is working the way it should.
Disable Use Printer Offline feature
To disable the Use Printer Offline feature of your Canon printer, you will need to follow the instructions given below:
- Go to the Start menu and search for Control Panel, or find it there in the menu.
- Click to open the Control Panel. There, click on Hardware and Sound and then on Devices and Printers.
- Locate your Canon Printer from the available devices on your screen. Right-click on your Canon printer and select See what’s printing.
- Now, on the next screen, click on the printer and check if the Use Printer Offline option is unchecked. In case if it’s checked, click on it to uncheck it.
- Next, click on the Printer option again and then select Cancel All Documents.
- Now, attempt a test print of a document to check if your printer has started working.
Reinstall Your Printer Driver
The Canon printer offline status issue may have been caused due to an outdated or corrupt Canon printer driver. If this is the case, you can try updating your printer driver.
You can update your printer driver using the instructions given below:
- Open the Run dialog by pressing a shortcut Windows + R on your keyboard.
- Now, enter devmgmt.msc in the given search field and press Enter.
- A Device Manager window will open up on your screen.
- Now, you should open a context menu by double-clicking your Canon printer driver on your PC.
- Click on the Driver tab, and the click on the Update Driver option.
- This will start the latest driver to get downloaded taking some time for the process to get completed.
- Once the update process gets completed, you will be required restart your computer and then try out a test print to check if the printer started printing the document correctly or not.
You can also download a compatible driver for your printer from a reliable driver updater tool for your computer. The tool will automatically scan your system to check if there is any out-of-date or broken printer driver, and then will download the latest printer driver available.