You see the 1682 or 1684 on the printer screen with the message in the system screen. The Canon printer error code awakening you to look at the printer. Troubleshooting such errors is easy when you know how to solve them. Hence, read the guide here if you encounter the same codes.
Why do errors 1682 or 1684 appear?
1682 error code appears when the printer can’t recognize the FINE cartridge or there is an issue in this cartridge. Error code 1684 displays when the device cannot recognize the ink cartridge. You may also see the simple error message like – the FINE cartridge cannot be recognized or same for 1684 – The ink cartridge cannot be recognized. If cartridges are damaged or not installed correctly, you also receive these errors. In this state, the printer can’t print or scan.
How to fix the error 1682/1684 in the Canon printer?
To solve the Canon printer’s error, ensure everything is connected properly. It’s best to power off the printer and reconnects all connections. Now on following the below guide to fix both errors;
Canon Printer Error Code 1682/1684 –
Troubleshooting the error code 1682 requires the replacement of a Fine ink cartridge. Therefore, make sure you have a brand new cartridge to install in the printer.
- If the Canon printer is in the working state or the print command is running, press Stop.
- You can also turn off and turn on the canon printer.
- Retract the printer’s paper output tray.
- Make sure the output tray extension is open.
- Open its cover to see the cartridge.
- The holder automatically moves to the position where you can replace it.
- Don’t force the holder to stop.
- If the periphery of the paper output slot is dirty, clean it using a soft cloth.
- Press the FINE ink cartridge down until it sounds clink.
- Take out the cartridge carefully.
- Insert the brand new cartridge into the holder carefully.
- Fit the cartridge, push it up and ensure it is installed properly.
- Now, align the print head and restart the Canon printer.
If the only solution for error codes 1682/1684 doesn’t solve your issue, then your cartridge could be damaged. If this is the case, you should contact canon printer tech support or a nearby service center.
Author Bio :
John Mark is a self-professed security expert, he makes people aware of the security threats. His passion is just to write about cryptography, malware, Cyber security social engineering, internet. He writes for ij.start canon | ij.start.cannon